The Marketing Coordinator and Supreme Court/Appellate Analyst is responsible for supporting the firm’s Business Development and Communications professionals, including the Appellate and Supreme Court practice group, in a variety of efforts.
Within the Appellate and Supreme Court practice, this role will conduct legal reporting, research and business development. In particular, the Coordinator/Analyst will monitor current news, blog posts and online databases for relevant developments and business development leads and for judgments and matters involving existing clients or prospects with whom we have relationships. They will obtain briefs and other materials from the Supreme Court, Court of Appeals, lower courts, government officials and practitioners for internal review or public posting.
In general, the Coordinator/Analyst will support assigned practice and business development/communications professionals throughout the firm. More specifically, they will generate early drafts of pitch materials, presentations, proposal outlines and other materials as needed. They will also conduct research and competitive intelligence requests, coordinate events, support internal and external communications (including social media and web postings) and track results. This is a non-exempt position and reports to the Chief Marketing Officer and has normal hours of 8:45 a.m. - 5:15 p.m., Monday - Friday, with overtime as needed.
- Generate pitch material, presentations (PowerPoint), proposals and timelines; support in proofreading, printing and binding, etc.
- Sponsorship coordination and event planning support, including generating mailing lists, creating and distributing invitations, securing approvals, developing ad concepts and copy, maintaining RSVP lists and creating name tags, project planning, business development targeting, debrief activities, and more
- Create and distribute client alerts and newsletters, including collaboration with communications function, obtain approvals and support effort
- Social media support for firm blogs, twitter handles, firm wide channels and individual lawyers
- Directories and surveys support, including project management and submission preparation
- Conduct research on competitors, clients, prospects, markets, etc., update and track metrics related to communications and business development efforts/opportunities
- Draft, edit and facilitate content and practice material for firm website and intranet
- Process, edit and post lawyer biographies and make edits to the website and update related practice literature
- Support firm- and department-wide initiatives with additional responsibilities as requested